1913 - Masterton. Situated on the Wairarapa coast, a township had already been established when the lighthouse was built in 1913. This made this station one of the more popular assignments as the keeper's children could attend a local school and there were shops and a hotel in the township. The cast iron tower was the last to be shipped from England and assembled on site. The lighthouse was automated in 1988.